Sunday, March 24, 2019

Embrace God’s Love !!!


Hello everyone… It’s so nice to have you back!  To experience the abundant life. as spoken of by Jesus in John 10:10, one must live life and love it!  These words are not as simple as they appear. Within each word are Godly principles, truths and promises that if followed hold the key to an enriched and fulfilling life. Today our topic is LOVE…specifically God’s love for us... His agape (ah-gop-pay) love. Agape love is the ultimate expression of God's loyalty, purity and mercy extended to mankind. It is the highest form of love  and is universal, unconditional transcending any circumstance.  We will explore our love for God, self and each other in later weeks, as they all are part of the first key LOVE.


  For me, I grew up as a believer, singing songs such as “Yes Jesus Loves Me” - Jesus loves me this I know…for the Bible tells me so.  I learned the scripture John 3:16 and was taught that God loved me because I was His child.  But I really didn’t begin to understand the depth of God’s love until adulthood… until I became a parent.  You see, as a child, I felt love from my parents, grandparents, brothers, cousins, aunties, and uncles.  But unfortunately, when it came to one of my older siblings, I didn’t feel loved at all.  I was physically and emotionally abused for several years and this left me hurt, broken and confused. Then, when I was 13, my mom died suddenly and this made me doubt God’s love even more.
      But as a new parent, one experiences love like never before…and for me, I discovered that I had the capacity to love deeply… unconditionally… selflessly.  This gave me a clearer understanding of the love my Heavenly Father had for me.  I came to realize that the magnitude of His love was far greater than any sin, mistake, fault or shortcoming that I might have. 1 John 4:16 states "God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God. and God in them." Reflect upon and hold on to this truth ( and others found in the link below)
when things get rough, when you begin to  put yourself down, and when you feel unworthy.  GOD’S love for us is unshakable, immovable and strong.  He sacrificed His beloved son Jesus, so that we would be saved from our sins.  When you know you are loved, you feel better about yourself and your  
                                    situation.  Embrace God’s love today for a brighter tomorrow!!!


                                                                         Until next time....

   Remember the 
 
PROMISE AND THE POWER OF
      GOD's LOVE FOR YOU !!!!                                          
TRIPLE L CLUB: 
 Living Life & Loving It

                                         
 Please leave a comment.  
      Next Post Tues 3/26/19       









No comments:

Post a Comment